For the CON.TXT 2012 vid show, we'll be following roughly the same pattern as last time: we'll be taking vid submissions, and our goal is to put together a vid show that consists of roughly half submissions and half selections.
And we're ready to take your submissions now!
If you're interested in submitting a vid, please read these points carefully - and then be sure to follow the instructions for vid submission
. To submit a vid, you will need to have it in the correct format, submit the form, and then upload or mail the vid according to the instructions.
You can access the information in this post, as well as the submission instructions and the submission form, on the CON.TXT website "Programming" section, under "Vid Show
." If you have questions, email us at vids at con-txt dot net.Some Important Points About the CON.TXT 2012 Vid Show:
- CON.TXT is a slash con and the vid show is limited to slash (m/m or f/f) vids. We're not going to attempt to strictly define "slash" here - just use your best judgment (and feel free to contact us if you're uncertain). The vid com will make the final determination if there's an issue.
- We are accepting submissions of "premiering" vids and any vids that were first shown at a convention, released in a collection, or posted publicly online within one year prior to CON.TXT 2012 - i.e., on or after June 18, 2011.
- If you'd like to bring to our attention a vid that premiered before June 2011, email a link to vids at con-txt dot net. This does not need to be a vid you made, but we will need a way to contact the vidder if it's not you.
- Any single vidder may submit up to three vids. A collaboration or team vid will be counted as one of the three permitted submissions of the collaborator who submits it. If more than one of the collaborators is submitting vids, they may decide among themselves which one will submit the collaboration.
- We prefer vids to be uploaded to our server space (as described in the instructions), but you can mail them if you prefer. All vids, including those submitted by mail, must be received by April 27, 2012, to be considered for the vid show - but of course you are free to submit them earlier!
- In an effort to make the vid show as enjoyable and appealing to as wide a range of fans as possible, we are going to take into consideration, and will actively attempt to balance, fandoms, vidders, song and musical styles, vid lengths, and other similar factors in selecting vids for the show. Also, the vid show lasts only a limited time (approximately two hours, including a break), and only a portion of that time will be devoted to submitted vids. So please note that we cannot guarantee that a submitted vid will actually be in the show.
- This year we plan to make available warnings for common physical/emotional triggers in the vids we show. Once we select vids for the show, we will contact vidders to confirm any warnings.
We'll try our best to put together another great show, and you can help by sending us your best vids! :)